Sunday, April 26, 2020

The Flatshare.....In London not Austin

The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary
***** 5/5




This book was just delightful. From the moment I picked it up, I had a hard time putting it down. Tiffy and Leon are very well thought out, developed characters. Tiffy is quirky and with all the note writing there were moments she reminded me of Bridget Jones (without the weight issues, smoking & alcohol).


I noticed others complained that this book was not a light-hearted romance. The book is more complex, it touches on hard subjects, but hey, life is hard. The social issues made the book feel realistic, which often seems lacking in romance novels. It felt modern with the discussion of Trump, social media, and London everyday problems.
I'll be reading Beth O'Leary again, an excellent debut.
post signature

No comments: